Saturday, August 24, 2013

Review of Restoration by Elaine D. Walsh


Restoration
























** I was given a copy from the publisher for review**

This was a very frustrating read for me. It was well written, don't get me wrong, but I felt as if I was waiting for something to happen, and it really didn't.

I liked the book. Tess seemed like a great lady. Did I bond with her? No. I never really "felt" this story. While Tess was keeping her distance from everyone, I also felt she was distant from me. I was never able to say "you go Tess," or "give 'em hell Tess," or anything. The closest I came to getting a glimpse of a fantastic woman, was when she was describing to Francesca how seeing the Raphael made her feel. That was great.

I know this is one that I will be in the minority on, but this one was just ok for me. I put it at 2.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment