Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My Review of Reflecting on Midnight by Bradley Convissar

Reflecting on Midnight
** Disclaimer**
Mr. Convissar actually warned me before-hand that I may not like the first story. Lol I see why now! Thanks for the warning!!!

Ok now that that is  out of the way, here is my review. I decided to review each story in the collection, instead of just one rating for the book, which I don't believe would have done the book the justice it deserves.


The first story in the collection, Dogs of War, made me run the gamut of emotions. My initial reaction to this story was pure rage!

How could some monster do that to such wonderful, loving creatures??? I fully intended to hate this story and give Dr. Convissar a piece of my mind. Lol However, after thinking it through and getiing over the initial shock of this story, I liked it. Dont' get me wrong, I detested and loathed the violence toward dogs. Especially after getting to know and love Molly, and that's when the light bulb went on and I realized it had to be a pretty good story to immerse the reader and make them feel so passionately.

In the end, and at times, it was very hard for me to get to the end, Molly and the other dogs were amazing, loyal, loving, determined and everything else that embodies goodness.

So, if you can't read through the violence, this is definately not a story for you. If you can pull through to the end it's definitely worth it!



The second story, King of the Merge:

Lots of testosterone.
A race between a corvette and a porsche.
A red light.
A horrible accident. One man loses his life and one man walks away. ... But that's not all!!!



The third Story Fotoshop of the Gods:

Cut and paste. It's simple right?
OH NO IT'S NOT!!!
It has far reaching consequences. The next time you right-click, you may want to think about it....


The third story, I Never:

Where to start with this one?

Four brothers are kidnapped at night and taken to a very exclusive placeto determine which one of the brothers will lose their life...


I really enjoyed this book. Read it! I am pretty sure you will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment